- What personal information we collect about you and why
- Our use of personal information for marketing purposes
- The use of third-party service providers in our Site and disclosure of personal data to third parties
- Links to other mobile applications
- Storage of your data and international transfers
- Data security
- The choices we offer for you to better manage your sharing of personally identifiable information (PI)
- How to contacts us
What personal information do we collect and why?
So that we may provide you with better services and content material, we may collect personal information from you (such as your name, address, telephone number, email address etc). This collection of information will occur when you complete registration or enquiry forms or send emails to us, so Please do not submit your personal information to us if you do not wish us to collect it.
If you login and browse any content of Gorkha Hospital, we will use your personal information to provide you with the product you select, (e.g. personalizing your services; sending you password reminders or notices about the relevant service or product being changed or suspended for emergency or routine maintenance). The information in this case is used for administrative purposes.
We may also use the information you provide for our own internal statistical purposes. The statistical purpose includes gathering of visitor activity. The information gathered could include the number of visitors on the site, the geo-locations of the visitors, their frequency of visits, number of clicks on different content including the advertisements.
Information We Automatically Collect through our Services.
We and our service providers collect the following types of information automatically when you use the Services:
- Log Information.
When you use our Services, our servers automatically record information, including your Internet Protocol address (“IP Address”), browser type, referring URLs (e.g., the site you visited before coming to our Services), number of clicks, and how you interact with links on the Services, domain names associated with your internet service provider, pages viewed, and other such information (collectively, “Log File Information”). We may also collect similar information from emails sent to you which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. We use Log File Information collected from our implementation of the Services to further our legitimate interests in securing the Services by identifying potential threats and vulnerabilities, and in analyzing the effectiveness of our Services to improve the Services’ function and content.
- Cookies and Similar Technology.
Most browsers provide you with the ability to block, delete, or disable cookies, and your mobile device may allow you to disable transmission of device identifiers. If you choose to reject cookies or block device identifiers, some features of the Services may not be available or some functionality may be limited or unavailable. Please review the help pages of your browser or mobile device for assistance with changing your settings. More information on this is provided below.
- We may also collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or Wi-Fi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you view and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location but if you do, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
Without an industry or legal standard of interpreting Do Not Track Signals (“DNT”) sent to us by your browser, we do not respond to DNT signals at this time. To learn more about how DNT works, please visit http://allaboutdnt.com/.
In addition to the other information outlined above, we may also collect information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an identifiable individual, such as but not limited to: (i) browser and device information; (ii) App usage data; (iii) demographic information and other information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity; and (iv) information that has been aggregated in a manner that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
Use of your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
We may, with your agreement, give your personal information to other companies within Nepal Times and its partner network, for the purposes of providing products and services you have requested from us and so that those companies can provide you with information relating to services and further info we think may interest you, by letter, email, mobile device or other communication means.
If you do not wish to receive this promotional material, you may opt out at any time by:
- notifying Gorkha Hospital through our contact information.
- sending an e-mail or writing to us telling us you do not wish to receive further promotional material; or
- using the “unsubscribe” process described in the promotional material.
Third Party Advertisement
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We will not disclose any personal information you provide to us to any third-party organization outside from the enterprises. This not applicable under the following circumstances:
- we are obliged or permitted by law to disclose it (for example if required by law or a court order);
- to protect the rights, property, or safety of the company, its customers, employees, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction; or
- the information is only in the form of aggregated statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes and which contain no personally identifiable information.
- ‘Session’ cookies – where they only last for the duration of your browser session and expire when you close it.
- ‘Remember Me’ cookies (aka “Persistent” cookies) – cookies that remain on your computer after you close your browser and computer to remember you when you return to the Site.
- obtain statistical information about your general internet usage and build up a profile of how you and others use the Site, and to improve our Site and deliver a better service to you;
- remember your session so that you can move from one page to another within the Site;
- store your preferences; and
- customize elements of the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site for your preference and ease of use.
You can remove cookies from your Browser:
Most web browsers are set up to automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. However, if you select this setting, you may be unable to use the full functionality of the Site and your user experience may be adversely affected. You can learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.
A simple way of removing cookies is to go to the “Tools” option in your web browser and select “Settings”. To delete all cookies on your computer to date select “Clear Browsing History” and to set options for future cookies select “Cookies” and the options you wish to apply to your web browser.
- a) Our cookies
The majority of the cookies used on our Sites are used to record user preferences for repeat visitors and registered users. We use the following types of cookies on our Sites (please note that the exact cookies used on each Sites is dependent on the services provided):
If you have a concern about a particular cookie, please contact us. Please see the section ‘How to contact us’ below
- b) Third party cookies
Cookies are also set by third parties on the Site (such as Google Analytics, Google Maps and Google Ads).
We don’t have access to these cookies, we only allow them to be served. However, we may use the anonymized statistical information provided to us by Google Analytics arising from these third party cookies, for example, to monitor usage of the Site or improve the targeting of advertisements to users of the Site.
The third parties that generate these cookies and action tags have their own privacy policies describing how they use the information that they collect. More information about cookies placed by specific third parties and how to restrict or block their cookies can be accessed by following the link to their website and to generate an “opt-out” cookie that will stop any further cookies being written to your device.